Over the years, there’s a good chance that you have experienced at least a few common dental problems. However, there are many more that you may not have yet developed. Or your children may be getting to the point where they need to take better care of their oral health and are experiencing some setbacks. Whatever the case, the following information should help you better understand these regularly-occurring dental issues and what you can do to ensure that they don’t get worse. Being aware of the potential issues with your oral health means you can prevent problems from arising. Through regular check-ups and teeth cleanings at Lovett Dental Katy, you can maintain a bright and healthy smile. As you do so for yourself and your family, our experienced and compassionate staff will be able to monitor your oral health and catch any common dental problems before they become serious issues.
Common Dental Problems
Although there are many types of common dental problems, they often fall into pretty specific categories. As a result, it is crucial to understand these issues and what you can do to either prevent them or treat them when they occur. Also, there are different issues for individuals based on age. Children have a different set of needs than adults. Thus, Lovett Dental Katy offers comprehensive family or pediatric dentistry. However, just a few of the most common you’re likely to experience include:
- Cavities – Dental decay typically leads to cavities that can become a more severe problem, particularly in children
- Sensitive teeth – Sensitive teeth have many causes, including an exposed tooth root
- Receding gums – Poor gum health can cause your gums to disappear and damage your teeth
- Gum disease – Gingivitis triggers and inflammation of the gums that may cause damage to teeth
- Periodontitis – An infection throughout your jaw and bones that can even reach your bloodstream
- Oral cancer – A dangerous condition that requires surgery or chemotherapy to manage
Thankfully, oral cancer is not that common and affects less than 50,000 Americans every year. And the rest of these common issues have many types of treatment options that you can use to keep your mouth secure. Understanding them will help you choose which is right for your needs.
Treatments for These Issues
Common dental problems like these must be treated as soon as possible to ensure that they don’t get worse. That’s because oral health concerns have a way of persistently degrading and leaving you open to worse conditions. Visiting a high-quality dentist will help by:
- Polishing up minor surface problems to ensure that they don’t worsen
- Filling in cracks and gaps in a person’s smile
- Extractions and root canals to help save teeth
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Gum-health treatments that keep your mouth strong
- Cosmetic dentistry to restore your smile
By treating common dental problems with these care methods, you give yourself the best chance of recovery. Thankfully, many general dentist professionals can provide this type of care in an environment that takes your needs into mind first. In this way, you can keep your mouth secure and avoid oral health concerns that may get out of control without special attention. And many of these experts offer comprehensive care options that can provide all of these treatments under one roof.
Ways We Can Help
These common dental problems don’t have to adversely affect your health if you call 832-437-6477 to contact us at Lovett Dental Katy. We are a multidisciplinary dentistry option that can work in many different specialties. We can provide veneers, implants, high-end cosmetic dentistry, and pediatric care. And if you verify your insurance and are approved, you can get an all-in-one dental treatment option.