A dental implant is a long-term solution for a missing tooth. It can provide you with a way to restore your smile to a natural look even if you have lost numerous teeth. Dental implantation is a serious procedure, though, and should only be done by a specialist in the field. That’s where our team at Lovett Dental Katy can help you to improve your dental health.
How Dental Implants Replace Missing Teeth
When a person has all of their teeth in place, each one supports the next, creating a solid surface to chew with, speak through, and bite properly. When one of those teeth is missing, or more, that creates problems with all of the other teeth. Implants work to fix this. They are a type of artificial tooth anchored by a metal device that’s placed deep into the jawbone. A crown is placed at the gum line to create the actual tooth.
Dental implants fuse with the jawbone after being placed. That fusing helps to create a very strong foundation for the crown above. As a result, these devices create a very strong and durable replacement for a missing tooth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Why should you invest in dental implants? There are a few key benefits that they often offer:
- Implants restore the smile. That can help to give a person confidence when they are smiling. If you have one or more missing teeth, consider implants as a way to restore your confidence when you smile.
- Dental implants work to reduce further damage to the gums and surrounding teeth. When there’s a gap, there’s a higher risk of gum and tooth breakdown, creating a higher risk of tooth loss going further.
- They improve biting and chewing abilities. Proper chewing is critical not just to help you enjoy your favorite foods, but also to enable proper digestion.
- Implants work to ensure a person can speak clearly. They fill in those gaps that can sometimes make communication more difficult.
- Most dental implants can also provide a long-term solution. That is because they are designed to last for decades. Once in place, these artificial teeth can be a solution for long-term tooth improvement.
Dental Implant Services Can Help with Denture Complications
Some people who have traditional dentures hate the way they feel. They may find implants are a better option. Implants tend to be more comfortable because they do not require a specific fit. They are a permanent solution that lasts longer, too. Unlike dentures, they do not typically slip out of place or cause complications when speaking.
Getting Dental Implants in Katy, Texas Starts with a Consultation
When it comes to dental implants, many people are unsure if they want to take those steps. The first thing to do, then, is to have a consultation. This is a good opportunity to learn more about your options and to find out what to expect. You can see what dental implants look like and how well they can work to resolve the underlying problems you have. For many, that can be the insight you need to improve your smile with confidence.
At Lovett Dental Katy, our team works closely with you to ensure all of your dental needs are met. We offer services such as these to help support dental health:
- General dentistry services
- Cosmetic dental services
- Oral surgery services
- Periodontal disease treatment
Invest in Your Smile with Lovett Dental Katy at Your Side
Making the decision to get dental implants is a big one for improving your dental health and confidence. You should gather as much information as you need before making that decision. Our team at Lovett Dental Katy can help you. To learn more, call us at 832-437-6477 or connect with our team online now.