Oral surgeries are not uncommon. Many of them are not as invasive as other forms of surgery, but this is a significant procedure requiring the help of a board-certified surgeon. For those who need oral surgery in Houston, have confidence in our team at Lovett Dental Katy. Our dedicated professionals can help resolve some of the most significant dental problems with ease.
The Types of Oral Surgeries Commonly Needed
Oral surgeons perform a wide range of surgeries on patients. Today, there are many procedures available to tackle even some of the most specific and precise conditions. New technology reduces risks while also working to increase overall success rates. While a range of oral surgeries exists, these are some of the most common:
- Wisdom teeth extraction – Removing the wisdom teeth is often recommended for those in their late teen years. These teeth are unnecessary in most cases and often come in out of alignment. They also are hard to maintain. Removing them is a type of preventative maintenance for dental health.
- Dental implant insertion – Implants are growing in popularity because of how effective they can be at restoring the look and function of the smile after one or more teeth are lost. Implant surgeries are serious procedures but can offer excellent results.
- Corrective jaw surgery – For those who have TMJ or other types of jaw problems, surgical procedures can repair this in a very effective manner. These procedures may be highly invasive or limitedly so. They often provide significant pain relief for those with these conditions.
- Sleep apnea treatment – For those with sleep apnea, treatment is beneficial for sleep quality and overall health. These procedures may involve the removal of excess tissue or other steps to reduce the risk of a blocked airway.
Think You Need Oral Surgery?
It can seem daunting to think an oral surgery is a necessity. Yet, it may be more comfortable and accessible than many people believe. That’s because these procedures are done in the offices and surgical areas of a dental practice. There is rarely the need for a hospital-like setting. They are also performed on an outpatient basis, eliminating the need to be away from family and support systems.
Yet, they are serious procedures. There are some risks. For that reason, anyone who may need a procedure like this should seek out a dental practice with a specialized oral surgeon available.
Finding an Oral Surgeon in Houston for Your Needs
Whether there’s a known need for surgery or an expectation for needing it, reach out to Lovett Dental Katy for an appointment. After a full examination and X-rays, the oral surgeons available will create a detailed plan for treatment of the condition or address the underlying cause of the problem. One of the key things to remember is that full treatment often involves working closely with a team to ensure safety and reduce potential complications. This may involve getting blood work for some people.
For those that know they need oral surgeries or those who are seeking out help with complex oral health needs, reach out to our team for an appointment. As a full-service dental team, most of the needs patients have can be met within our service. Some of our services include:
- General dentistry services
- Pediatric dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Periodontics specialists and providers
- Sedation dentistry specialists
Choose to Restore Your Dental Health With Lovett Dental Katy
Oral surgeries are serious procedures requiring well-trained professionals with ample experience. Lovett Dental Katy offers that support and the resources necessary to help tackle even major procedures. Take a closer look at the support we can offer. Reach out to us online or give us a call now at 832-437-6477 to schedule an appointment.