A dental implant is a long-lasting solution to a missing tooth. For those who are struggling with the need to get dentures or replace a missing tooth, there are many reasons to reach out to this treatment. For those seeking dental implants in Houston, it is important to remember a highly experienced professional can help you get the results you want. At Lovett Dental Katy, our team is always working closely with our patients to ensure the best outcome.
When a Dental Implant May Be the Right Choice
A dental implant is a small, metal device placed into the jawbone. It grows there over time, creating a strong, durable root for the artificial tooth placed on top. An implant can support a single tooth or multiple teeth. That is why it can be a good solution for those who have lost a single tooth or those who need a full mouth of new teeth (or anything in between).
The Benefits of Implants
With a wide range of benefits, many people should consider the value of using implants to improve their smiles. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Reducing further damage to the smile. When a tooth is lost, the remaining gap creates a risk for other teeth to crowd into the area. When this happens, the area is prone to infection, tooth decay, and periodontal disease. That can lead to further damage to the oral structures present including leading to more tooth loss.
- Restore a natural smile. The dental implant has a crown placed on top of it. This is the visible portion of the tooth. It’s designed to match the surrounding teeth creating a very natural look. Most often, no one knows it is there.
- Improving digestion. When all teeth are present, a person is able to bite into any of their favorite foods with confidence. They can also chew that food thoroughly, which allows for proper digestion. Some people may stop eating nutritious food because of missing teeth, creating a high risk for malnutrition.
- They are a long-lasting solution. Implants can last decades with proper care and routine cleanings. That means they are a solution for many people that they can invest in and not worry about for a long time.
Investing in a dental implant can restore confidence as well. For those who may not smile or speak to others often because of the gap in their smile, implants can restore that ability.
Investing in Dental Implant Services Starts with a Consultation
Before moving forward with this type of treatment, most people need to have a formal exam and set of X-rays. This allows for a plan to be created to determine if implants are a safe option. This is a surgical procedure and is often done by an oral surgeon. There are some risks, which will be explained fully prior to the procedure moving forward. Many people find that, though an extensive process, implants are the best option for them.
To manage them, most people need to start with an appointment. There may be other needs present, including treatment of gum disease and addressing any infections that must be dealt with first. As a full-service dental office, we can help with all of those needs. Our services include:
- General dentistry services
- Pediatric dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Periodontics specialists and providers
- Sedation dentistry specialists
Improve Your Smile with Our Team at Lovett Dental Katy
As you take into consideration the need for a dental implant, remember you do not have to make this decision on your own. Our team at Lovett Dental Katy offers superior support and a welcoming atmosphere. Schedule a consultation to discuss your options when you call us at 832-437-6477 or connect with us online.