Many people who need them get dental braces in middle or high school. If used properly and for long enough, they can create excellent results. Even when that happens, there is a chance that there will be a need to invest in braces a second time during the adult years. For those who may need dental braces in Houston, our orthodontics at Lovett Dental Katy can provide support and solutions.
There Are Effective Options for Braces for Adults
Men and women who struggle with problems with their teeth alignment may feel frustrated that they need to go down this path again. Yet, adult braces can be very comfortable, hard to see, and fast working. That means they can provide the results desired without waiting. This includes clear tray aligners. The aligners fit into the mouth over the teeth. They apply gentle pressure, moving the teeth into proper placement. Most work at a faster rate than traditional braces and don’t require painful adjustments.
How to Know Adult Braces Are Necessary
The only real way to know if dental braces are a necessary investment is to work closely with an orthodontist to get a full examination. However, there are some common warning signs that this may be necessary:
- The teeth are starting to gap. Gaps between teeth are worrisome because they increase the risk of bacteria buildup, which could lead to gum disease and tooth decay. Any widening of the space between the teeth should be addressed carefully.
- Teeth are crowding each other. When this happens, the teeth get close to each other. In some situations, they can overlap in places. This, too, puts strain on the gums and can lead to tooth loss without treatment.
- Changes in speech. When there are alignment problems, especially as they worsen, a person’s speech pattern may change. This often happens gradually but can become obvious and lead to discomfort.
- Protruding teeth develop. The teeth may protrude outward from proper alignment. This makes it difficult for biting and chewing. It may also lead to complications associated with self-confidence if it worsens significantly.
- Jaw pain develops. Some people develop pain in their jaw as a result of improper alignment. When this occurs, it can create significant discomfort overall, leading to painful nights. Treatment with braces may correct this.
Braces may not be warranted in some situations. As adults get older, it may be necessary to take a closer look at what’s happening. For example, plaque buildup can sometimes lead to the development of gapping. This may not warrant extensive treatment through braces but deep cleaning.
Finding Braces Options for Any Situation
When it comes to improving the smile or tackling any of these problems, working with an experienced orthodontist is critical. The team at Lovett Dental Katy can provide support for you in this process. With years of experience and a wide range of brace options to select from, most people can find the support they need for addressing misalignment, even a second time.
The first step is a consultation to discuss options and for an exam. Our dental office provides most services a person needs to maintain their smile, allowing us to tackle most needs. Some of our services include:
- General dentistry services
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Oral surgery procedures
- Tooth extraction services
- Impacted teeth removal
Invest in Your Smile at Lovett Dental Katy
Even those unsure if dental braces are the right option for their specific needs can make an appointment with the team at Lovett Dental Katy to find solutions and support for most needs. Our experienced orthodontics and dedicated support staff help patients find the best treatment options for most needs. To learn more, reach out to us online now or call 832-437-6477 for an appointment.