Adult orthodontics can be more effective and beneficial to oral health than ever before. That is good news for adults who want teeth straightening solutions. These products are designed to improve the smile by gently moving teeth into their proper position, alleviating numerous problems, and creating a beautiful smile. At Lovett Dental Katy, we offer comprehensive orthodontic services that can help make this possible.
Why Should You Get Adult Orthodontic Services?
Though many people have reasons of their own to seek out orthodontics, there are a few very big reasons why this should not be something you put off.
- It’s easier to clean your teeth. That’s one of the best reasons to invest in these products because it helps minimize the risk of damage to your teeth over the long term from early decay. Areas that were once hard to reach are no longer challenging. This can also lead to reduced bad breath.
- Improve confidence. For those who do not smile as often as they would like to, the use of orthodontics can improve that. It can help to improve the way your smile looks, which can give you that boost of confidence you need when meeting people for the first time.
- Reduce the risk of damage to tooth enamel. When teeth are not properly spaced, they can rub against each other creating damage to the surface of the tooth. This leads to sensitive teeth and early tooth decay.
There are many other benefits to adult orthodontics. For example, you may be able to chew more effectively. That means you don’t have to give up on your favorite foods any longer. Some people feel younger and healthier when they have orthodontics in place.
Caring for Adult Orthodontics Is Easy
Unlike traditional braces, orthodontics for adults are typically aligner trays. These trays come in and out of the mouth, allowing for you to properly brush and floss your teeth as you normally would. The trays are replaced over time as the teeth move into position. However, prior to that, they tend to be very durable and can handle most needs.
These aligners are also clear, in most cases. That means no one needs to know what you are doing to improve your smile. It is all easy to hide if you want that.
Are Adult Orthodontic Services Right for You?
When you meet with an orthodontist to discuss your specific needs, he or she will conduct a thorough exam to determine what your dental needs are. There are some situations where there will need to be steps taken before teeth straightening can be. This may include:
- Ensuring gum health is good. This may mean treating periodontal disease is present.
- Making sure teeth health is good. Looking for signs of enamel breakdown is important as this may need to be treated first.
- Cavities and any need for root canals can be done before the use of these appliances, as well.
- Some people benefit from a general cleaning before having these devices placed as well. This just makes it easier to clean your teeth during treatment.
- You’ll also need to learn how to care for your orthodontics and what to expect during treatment. There is often a bit of a training process involved.
For those ready to see improvements, the first step is a consultation.
Don’t Wait – Schedule a Consultation with Lovett Dental Katy Today
Adult orthodontics can create an opportunity for an improved smile you’ll love. For that to happen, it is critical to invest in the right team to help you. Schedule a consultation with Lovett Dental Katy to discuss each one of the benefits you’ll see from these solutions. To do so, call 832-437-6477 or connect with us online today.