Dental health is an important part of a child’s overall health. Yet, just like choosing your child’s doctor, it is important to take some time to learn as much as you can about the pediatric dental office you select as well. This can make a big difference in the quality of care your child receives and what he or she learns about dental health. When it comes to finding a pediatric dental office near Houston, Texas, Lovett Dental Katy is available and ready to help.
Get to Know the Pediatric Dentist in Person
The best way to determine if a pediatric dentist is the right choice for your child is to schedule a consultation with the dentists there. This is an excellent way to learn what services they offer and what the experience within the practice is like. It is not uncommon to set up an initial assessment and a consultation for your son or daughter even while they are very young. During that appointment, ask some key questions.
What Does the Pediatric Dental Office Near Houston, Texas Offer?
If you are looking for a child dentist if your child is at a young age, it becomes very important to ensure that dentist can meet your child’s needs for years to come. That includes providing care from infancy through teen years. There’s no way to know what type of help your child may need in the coming years. Look for a dental provider that can offer help such as:
- General dentistry services and checkups
- Dental cleanings and repairs
- Preventative dentistry services such as fluoride treatments and dental sealants
- Restorative dentistry for damage and accidents
- Orthodontic treatments
- Wisdom teeth extractions
Does the Pediatric Dentist Offer the Right Environment?
Most importantly, make sure the location has a separate space just for children. This should be separate from a traditional dentist’s office that provides treatment for adults. There are a few key reasons why you need to see this type of separation.
- Ensure the dentist is a board-certified pediatric dentist. This means he or she has completed licensing and training and has been certified by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- The staff at the practice needs to have the proper training for working with children. This takes a lot of patience.
- The equipment and all tools used for the child are appropriately sized. With children, that’s important for both comfort and the best outcome.
- The atmosphere needs to be positive and even fun. That’s what helps kids to really have some fun and engage in the location.
- The location should also provide education and training, a bit part of helping any child to learn the importance of going to the dentist.
Seek Out a Children’s Dentist You Trust
During a consultation and initial meeting, you should have a good idea if the pediatric dentist offers the resources your child needs to get the best care for all of their health needs. If you are unsure, seek out a second location. Not only should your child be comfortable and cared for here, but you should feel like you can trust this team to take care of all of your child’s needs.
Set Up a Consultation at Lovett Dental Katy to Learn More
It is wise to make an informed decision about your child’s pediatric dental office. That is not always an easy process especially when there are so many things to take into consideration. At Lovett Dental Katy, we work closely with our clients to ensure you always have access to the very best level of service and a caring, supportive team. Learn more about the services we offer when you call 832-437-6477 or connect with us online.